Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Making time for me...

Oh boy, one day into my fall semester "crazy" schedule (who in their right minds would do a Culinary Lab simultaneous with a Baking Lab?)... and surprizingly things are going well.  Yesterday I had a small anxiety attack prior to going to my Culinary Lab in the afternoon.  Which is pretty much typical of each and every student in the class.  I don't know if I told you this (like whoever is actually reading this), but I had one week of this class last year when I started and knew after the first week that it just wasn't going to work having two labs..... the challenge is ON!  My heart was racing and I was short of breath and was sure I would not remember my own name while all along my first professor from the original class was in my head.  But, after three hours in a room that I temp'd at 93 degrees (not kidding here) I actually felt like I was doing ok.  

Forgetta 'bout the SB diet, I'm bound to loose at least 15 lbs just from sweating my ass off for four hours a day four days a week!  That said, here are the Good Eats I had today....

Breakfast:
The "usual" but I really backed off on the cheese today.  Lots and lots of veggies (broccoli, zucchini and peppers)

Snack:
wasn't able to fit this in

Lunch:
Nice Salad with mixed greens, shrimp (last nights left overs) some avocado and broccoli.

Snack:
Sorry the only choice I had was oranges or carrots (we were in class and had only a couple of 5 min. breaks) so I snacked on a few carrott slices (honestly forgetting that they weren't allowed this week) while I was in class.

*I've packed some almonds in my bag for future "oh shits"

Dinner:
Really proud of myself.  I was soaked to the bone (unfortunatly it was not because I was rained on YUK) came home, stipped to bare butt and got my red-faced face into the shower to cool off and clean up!  Then, I promptly turned on the grill, grilled a nice lean boneless pork chop and sauteed some swiss chard with garlic. 

Dessert/Snack:
I didn't eat until after 9pm, so I thought I'd better forgo the snack tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment