Monday, August 30, 2010

And the struggle begins...

Hmm, three days with no post... does it mean I'm off the wagon?  Nope, I've actually done very well for the last two days and now today with perhaps a slip up here or there, but the best part is as of Sunday (one week in) I've lost 4 lbs.  After looking back on the week, I think it could have been better and I base that on the fact that although you can have cheese, perhaps I should not have it every day :o) !

The weekend is a blur, so I may miss some of the things that I ate,  as I'm writing from short term memory...

Saturday:
Breakfast:
Let's just call it my Jill's special Frittata from now on, I think by now, we all know what it means

Snack:
Cucumber slices

Lunch:
Mixed green salad with cannelloni and black beans

Snack:
Small handful of raw almonds (on the go since we moved Jazen into her apartment)

Dinner: (At out)
Chicken Fajitas.... I did eat two small tortilla rounds with them,  (and yes, they were small -but unfortunately flour and not corn ones) For the rest of the dish, I just ate the chicken, onions and peppers - and honestly, I enjoyed that so much, I could have skipped the tortillas with them.

Dessert:
Here was the screw up - so at this restaurant they bring out sopapillas after dinner with some honey... yes, I ate one, don't feel guilty about it and it's done and over with.

Sunday: ~ Now Sunday we always eat out at a diner after church with some friends... so far, I've been good about making choices there.  Right after breakfast we were invited to spend the day on a friends boat so I had to figure out what I could do about lunch as they were all having sub sandwiches from Subway (Mark got Jreks ~ why I add that is beyond me)
Breakfast:
Two scrambled eggs with peppers, onions and a bit of shaved steak inside.

Snack:
forgot to eat the snack

Lunch:
Made a really nice green salad from the almost last of greens from the garden, with a 1/2 of tomato, baby zucchini, and some beans - did not miss having a sandwich at all.

Snack:
Not sure if this was a cheat or not since you can have sugar free jello .... for this snack I had a 1/2 cup of sugar free butterscotch pudding made with skim milk.

Dinner:
Left over top round, grilled zucchini (we finally found a full sized zucchini in our garden!) and a cucumber/tomato/mozz (less than 1 ounce) salad with pesto (God do I love Pesto now!)

Snack:
Too tired, went to bed early to make my 6am first day of classes back at school!

(updated on Tuesday)  Oh boy ~ what the heck did I eat on Monday? (first day of classes)

Breakfast:
The "usual"

Snack:
can't remember

Lunch:
Nice green salad with some beans and a little avocado

Snack:
Cant remember

Dinner:
Chili Lime Shrimp with grilled zucchini and roasted baby red/orange/yellow peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment