Monday, October 11, 2010

Dodging Bullets...

  • Seven weeks in from my start date
  • Three weeks since my last post
  • Holding at 174 and strong...
  • Not making the best overall choices...
These are just a few of some of the bullets I've dodged since my last posting three weeks ago.  I've been saying for weeks now that although I've been making the best food choices I can fit into my crazy school schedule, I've been honestly petrified of stepping on the scales to only find out 4 weeks of dedication were down the drain.  And if I said anything from the start, I'd always be honest even if I feared failure and a bit of humiliation along the way.  This journey is way too important to me and I don't plan to fail in the long run.  To my delight and surprise,,,, I haven't gained!  But, unfortunately, I haven't really lost now have I?

In honor of a holiday afforded to me by my mothers genealogy, I am taking time to pause and give Thanks for all of the blessings in my life.  I'm also taking this day to reflect and plan and get back on track!  My short term goal?  9 more pounds shed by Thanksgiving.

  • I am thankful for my family who acknowledge the effort I've put in so far and have been understanding and supportive of my continued efforts, even if I've been slightly askew recently.
  • I am VERY thankful for my friends that support me in this journey.... they congratulate my success and appreciate my honest approach in this journey....
  • I am thankful to acknowledge that my recent food choices have not left me feeling well enough to continue making them
  • I am thankful to have the day today to reflect, plan and get back on track
So, that said... it's time to put down the wild mushroom risotto left overs that a talented upper classman gave me on Friday and pick up the car keys and get to the grocery store to stock up on the right stuff!

Until my next post.... thank you!

P.S.  And I'm continuously thankful for spell check

1 comment:

  1. Just remember it's a journey and a life change...that's the only way it will work...one day at a time, and you accept the good and bad days and keep moving forward. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete